Friday, October 12, 2007

The week in training. . . . or lack of training. . . . .

Man, it' s hard to want to go outside and ride your bike when it gets dark at 6:00 and it rains all the time!

Wednesday has us abandoning the night ride for an evening of conversation and food instead. The new episode of South Park was on. . . .not as funny as the last one, but funny none-the-less.

Thursday I knew I HAD to ride or I'll really be regretting losing all my fitness come Iceman day. Knowing the Beechwood race is Saturday, I figured some hill training was in order, so off to Sunburst I went. 2 laps with my iPod was no big deal really. It was cold, getting dark and it just felt icky, but I swear my 2 laps there were faster than my race laps were. No warm up, just straight to the hill to redline it right out of the gate. It hurt like heck. . . . but my stress test DID come back completely normal. . . . .so I guess there isn't any reason I CAN'T redline it.

After that, I opted for a bit of cross practice. After all, if I'm going to do ANY cross races this year I'd better at least get ON the stupid bike. Just as I remembered. . . . .bumpy, non-forgiving and hard. Can't wait to throw up at the first cross race I decide to do.

Tonight the couch is calling me. . . . .and then tomorrow is Beechwood. Doing the "comp class", which is the equivalent of the "women's elite". Should be a good time. Those boys throw a good party.

See you there!

6 comments:

Christine said...

I feel so lazy this week. Good for you for getting in a good ride and redlining it, thats the best!!!!!!

Unknown said...

i haven't ridden all week and have just felt the panic set in. oh well. have fun tomorrow. hope to see you there.

Dano said...

Im gonna ride with my road buds tomorrow. You guys have a good time tho...!

velogrrl said...

hmm, I didn't realize how relatively close the Beechwood race is, nor did I notice until now that it is on Saturday. would it be a good course for spectators?

MTB Girl said...

Actually it would be a good spectator course. There are a lot of places you can get to watch people. The course kind of loops back on itself a bunch of times.

velogrrl said...

yeah, I am trying to decide if it's worth the drive to go up and just watch and see everyone, since I missed Shevagas. The other option is to go to the cross race Sunday, which looks really fun too.