Saturday, October 06, 2007

Early weekend fun

Friday night we decided to mingle among the "children" and hit the homecoming game in West Bend. It was rather funny, as the teams playing were West Bend East against West Bend West. Hmmm. Who to root for? West Bend?

We did it right in order to blend with the teenagers and we had an alcoholic beverage BEFORE we left the house. Then we stopped for pizza for dinner and had a second one while our pizza was cooking. Then we went to the game. Here we are on our way.

Afterwards CK joined us and we stopped at our favorite WB bar, The Binkery, for one last cocktail and a HUGE plate of nachos on the owner, Bink. Yummy.

Saturday morning we awoke from a little bit of a restless slumber to do a few errands, and head off to preride SheVegas. I stepped outside and knew it was going to be a TOUGH weekend. Temps in the 80's, humidity up the butt. . . . . I started sweating just LOOKING outside, riding was going to be a joy. And I was right. Sheboygan is my favorite course. . . .but the humidity just does not like me. I'm going to give it 110%, but I'll give you a head's up now. . . . . . you may want to keep an eye on me in case you see me laying on the side of the course somewhere. . . . . .get me oxygen if that's the case.

After the pre-ride we headed to the pumpkin patch to pick out a pumpkin. That was so exciting. We took a little hay ride out into the field and each picked our favorite pumpkin to take home. Sweet. What a bunch of dorks. It's ok though, cuz we're COOL dorks.


Then we came home, stuffed our faces, talked about how hard tomorrow is going to be, talked about the bitter sweetness of SheVegas. . . . . . . .a most excellently fun course, but the last WORS race of the year and took some relaxation time. Man, I hope I can just have fun tomorrow and ride well. The weather's going to be tough. . . . . .but I'll give it my best.

See you on the trails!

No comments: