Wednesday, March 14, 2007

Where's the nice weather headed?

Yes, I'm back from the nice, 70-80 degree weather. . . . . .and looking at the forecast for the next few days, I'm already missing my "vacation destination".

My trip to Georgia was a fun one. Although I managed to catch a cold Wednesday evening. . . . .just HOURS before hopping a plane. Once on the ground, I purchased a enough cold medication to keep myself medicated every 4-5 hours for my entire trip, and that seemed to help. While I felt crummy, I was still able to enjoy my time there. . . . .while preventing the cold from making it past my head.

On Friday we spent an hour at the gym with my cousin's personal trainer, learning some new "dynamic stretching" as well as working our upper body, our abs & our hamstrings. It reminded me how much I miss having someone help structure my weight workouts. . . . .instead of just doing the boring machines.

Then we headed to the falls (I already forgot the name of them) to hike up 700ish of these nasty steps to reach the top. I have a "heights" issue so some of the steps were a little challenging for me. . . . .but I made it (a personal victory).


Once at the top, the views were worth it. Made me feel like we were in North Carolina, where we'll be headed in a couple more weeks. . . . .I can't WAIT!!


And of course here we are in one of our self portraits. Good thing I have long arms. We have a LOT of these kind of pictures.


Stay tuned for more details on the trip. . . . .the hike at Stone Mountain (which is indeed one big STONE). . . . .the shopping sprees. . . . . and the "night out".

While it's always good to be home again, Tuesday held PILES of catch up work for me. But I still managed to take advantage of the nice weather (since it will soon be gone again) and get outside for a nice long ride. I'm sure ready for Spring now!

1 comment:

Christine said...

I get dizzy just looking at those stairs. Glad your back!