Sunday, March 18, 2007

The Weekend in Review

Saturday the sunshine called us out for a ride. . . . .even though the temps were COLD. The only place that could support our wheels was the gravel trail. . . .and even that was in rough shape.

Of course Saturday WAS St. Patrick's Day. . . . .so The General paid tribute.

We once again took "the Virgin" on another virgin ride. First true ride with her REAL shoes & pedals. . . . .of course we had to remind her to clip in and out in plenty of time. Luckily the ONE digger she took was right away. . . .and it was in the driveway. What a dork. . . . . .fits right in with "the group".
Once she got the pedals down she was lookin' like a pro.

This girl (below) made an appearance. . . . . .she goes by so many names, I'm not sure which to call her. . . . . .SS Amy. . . .Shooter. . . . new Team Pedal Moraine rider. . . . .ok, not really, the jacket was just on loan. . . . . .

The Captain deep in thought.

And I'm such a dork I wasn't sure who this was. . . .thought it was the Virgin. . . . .yeah, it's me.

We did cross paths with the other group of Pedal riders out there. . . . .but we weren't quite quick enough to stay with them. That's alright, it gave us a chance to "stop and smell the flowers". . . . .and have some good conversation.

Later that evening we headed up to Pipe along with our "North Carolina bound" friends, to have some scrumptious dinner at Jim and Linda's on the lake. I highly recommend stopping there if you're ever in the area.

Unfortunately all the other pictures taken that evening make everyone look like TOTAL dorks. So to spare the feelings of those people. . . . I'll only put these two in for your viewing pleasure (you're welcome Colleen).

Sunday brought a little warmer temperatures. . . . . . .a nice long road ride with no pictures. . . . . .a quick stop due to some "derailleur failure". . . . .a nice relaxing soak in the hot tub and a 2 hour stop at the Captain's FAVORITE store Cabela's. I found a nice pair of summer hiking shoes so I'm ALL set. Heck I can probably do the Trail Runs with these babies.
That brings you all up to date on my weekend. Lots of riding. . . .a fun time had with friends. . . .and of course, lots of good food & drink. I can't wait to do it all again. Is it Friday yet??!?!?

2 comments:

Christine said...

Ah, clipless pedals...I remember back in the day when I first tried riding with them. I think I had a black and blue butt the entire summer. I think I still have problems getting out of them even when I crash.

Anonymous said...

what a bunch of dorks