Thursday, March 15, 2007

Stone Mountain

On Sunday we went to hike up Stone Mountain.

The funny thing is. . . . .it literally is a STONE MOUNTAIN. There are some "confederate guys" carved into the side of it. . . . .but despite the fact that I have "Southern roots" I've turned into a "Yankee" (as I'm told). . . . .so I have no idea who those guys are (nor do I care really). But they were neat to look at.



We had a picnic (and took a nap) on the grass in the courtyard of the mountain. Yeah, the grass was still brown, but at least it wasn't SNOW.

And it did have pretty views from above. . . . . . .I was suprised at how many people were hiking the "stone". People from all walks of life. Of course you only saw the more "fit" people at the top. . . . . but kuddos to all the others for attempting the journey.


And of course we had to stop and pose along the way. Boy it was nice to wear shorts and a tank top. I can't wait until that weather comes to Wisconsin again. . . . . . .

For now I guess we'll just enjoy the cold temps we have. . . . .and hope for the Eisenbahn trail to freeze enough to ride on our mountain bikes this weekend. It's better than nothing!

3 comments:

Dano said...

NICE!

Chris said...

Ouch. One of those guys is my ancestor.

Christine said...

Sometimes I wonder why I live here in Wisconsin.