Sunday, March 25, 2007

Surprise

Decided on a whim to go race the crit today. . . . . .of course I had to drag my "riding buddy" along with me and make her suffer as well. . . . . .then one has to also take along the Cheering section so there's someone to cheer for us and take pictures of us. . . . .thanks Squirt.

The race went well. Amy and I actually surprised ourselves. We spent most of the race in the front. . . . . . .often times setting the pace, since no one wanted to "do the work". Several times we were able to "jump" when the "fast girls" went. . . . . .and in the end we managed to sprint it in with the others. Not the smartest tactics today, but then again we were racing for a work out and THAT we got. I finished on Amy's wheel, we took 7th & 8th out of 17 cat 4 women. All in all, a good day.

Of course coming into the race completely sore from the work out we did on Saturday at the gym with the Platos didn' t help. That was evident watching Shooter climb the steps to go to the bathroom. Despite the fact MOVING was difficult, I think we managed to do OK.

And the TOTALLY AWESOME weather was the icing on the cake. Man I can't wait for it to be like that EVERY day!

1 comment:

Christine said...

Nice work guys!