Friday, February 09, 2007

She's HERE. . . . .

Ok, so she arrived earlier in the week, but I didn't want to go look at her or else I'd want to ride her, but I want to swap out a few components before they build her. . . .so I FINALLY went to look at her today.

She's pretty.



So I'm not "fluent" in "bike lingo" like most of you are. . . . .but I know a little more than a few other girls I know. . . . .and I know I'm swapping out the wheelset for the X Lites (comes with the Race Lites) and I'm swapping out the crank for the XT. I just can't justify the price difference to swap out the crank to the XTR. . . . .and really the slight difference in weight doesn't really matter to me.

And finally I'll have disc brakes. . . . .which I was VERY nervous to go to because I MUST be able to adjust them. She comes with the Avid Juicy 7. . . . . which I'm told I can have some adjustment with.

Bill's got Phoenix all cleaned up and ready to take pictures of to get her "on the market". I'm sad to see her go. . . . as always. . . .but excited for something NEW. Now I can't wait to get her home. . . . . . . .

11 comments:

Christine said...

Sweet Ride! When are you going to break her in? I have the race lites and had NO problems with running tubeless tires.

Anonymous said...

I'm pretty good with the "bike lingo" but how can you tell it's a "her"?

Anonymous said...

Nice. SRAM all around. You'll love the Juicy's. The adjustability is perfect for people with small hands, like women and me.

Why are you trading a nice carbon crankset for the XT? You'll only save 10 grams. Carbon kicks ass over plain old aluminum. Bling it whenever you get the chance.

The Shed Master said...

Lemme know when you're ready for some real brakes.

Unknown said...

shimaNO?

MTB Girl said...

I gotta tell you, I have a bad taste for the Bontrager crank, as I know "people" who've had problems with their's. . . . .and I've had NO problems with my XT.

MTB Girl said...

Sugs. . . . .you can just tell.

Anonymous said...

At least have them upgrade it to the Noir then. It's got a Carbon spider...how cool is that.

Anonymous said...

That last one was me.

bmxmtbfam said...

nice ride

bubba said...

Congratulations...............very nice.