Saturday, July 15, 2006

Normal?

Since I've joined the ranks of "normal society", I just don't know what to do with myself. It's only been a little over a week since I was banned from my bike, but I feel like it's been 4 months. It's kind of strange only having to shower once in a day. . . . . .not having to lay out my day to squeeze in a ride of some sort. . . . .not having my "girls" checking in on riding times and places. . . . .having to actually watch what I eat since I'm not burning those calories anymore. . . . .

But there are good things too. I can sit my butt on the couch while everyone else is working out. . . . . . .I don't have to ACCLIMATE (that one is pretty good). . . . . .and I can drink whenever I want because I don't have to worry about my performance being hampered by a hangover (that one's good too). Sweet.

I'll be getting a work out Sunday though. I may be one of the few "spectator" they have to carry out on a stretcher for heat exhaustion. I'll be sipping my "secret concoction" from my Brittany Nigh bottles, and cheering for everyone as I'm volunteering out on the course. I've already offered to stuff ice cubes down rider's shorts to help with the heat factor. . . . . .and I'll have a few extra water bottles awaiting for anyone who's in need. I'll make sure not to mix those up with the "other" bottles. . . . . .

See you on the course SOMEWHERE Sunday. I'll have to find my devil horns to wear as I chase you people up the craters hill. . . . . . .yeah, that should help my back, especially when I fall off the side of the hill. Sweet. It's going to be a fun weekend.

2 comments:

Coffee King (CK) said...

Now that's the perfect Domestique - putting ice cubes down our shorts while handing off bottles and doing the course marshal thing, all while in a devil's costume. I'm actually looking forward to the heat now :-)

Coffee King (CK) said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.