Monday, March 20, 2006

Weekend Fun

We started the weekend by going out on the town to see Failure to Launch staring the ever popular Matthew McConaughey and Sarah Jessica Parker. While I'm not a HUGE Matthew fan, I found the movie rather humorous. Lori, Bill and I laughed rather hard during various parts of the movie, while Jeff had a different opinion, as he slept through a good portion of it. I guess that last heavy training week caught up with him. Thank goodness it's recovery week.

I started recovery week early by vegetating on the couch for a full 3 hours yesterday. Loosing brain cells watching movies like Billy Madison, and taking a power nap. One would think that would have me WELL rested today, but unfortunately, I'm STILL tired!

Looking ahead to the upcoming weekend, we'll be hoping to schedule a longer group road ride one day. . . . .so if you're looking for a slower endurance ride, check back for details.

And thanks to Squirt who gave us the "Tour of Tosa" on Saturday when we decided to bail on the trails that seemed a bit too muddy to tackle. I hear there was an episode on the trail. . . .but you'll have to ask Lori or Bill for details on that one. We rode to the lakefront. That's right, we didn't ride "around the lakefront", or "down by the lakefront", we just plain rode TO the lakefront and back. Bill had to make 2 pit stops. What a girl.

Happy Monday!! Spring is almost here (well, at least technically it is almost here).

1 comment:

Coffee King (CK) said...

Now if those other people at the theater would have stopped laughing so loudly, then I could have had some serious sleep. I'd say that was the first time I ever paid $7 to nap at a theater but I'd be a liar...