Tuesday, March 28, 2006

Now I remember. . . . .

Now I remember why I don't like to watch the news. All you see & hear is negative stories. The preacher's wife who went nuts and killed her husband. . . . .the MARRIED MAN who's suing a dating site for not letting him join their site and DATE (Hello?). . . . . .the immigration issue, where the argument the Senator on Good Morning America gave this morning was something to the effect that there are millions of illegal immigrants in the US today, how do we address the problem? It's too large of a problem to send them back. So the logical thing to do is grant them citizenship, if they comply with certain rules.

Anyone who knows me knows I am NOT a political person. I do not care to take a role in politics, therefore I typically do not complain about the issues at hand, but this Senator's debate finds me wondering how he would address other "large" issues of today's society. Aren't there millions of illegal drug users?? Isn't that a LARGE problem? Then maybe we should just legalize drugs and then that's taken care of as well.

I understand what the argument SHOULD be for granting citizenship to these people because I'm a somewhat intelligent person. . . . .but I don't think explaining to the world on Good Morning America, that the problem is TOO big to fix so let's do this instead is an intelligent argument. No wonder I hate politics.

Happy Tuesday everybody. I'll be watching Golden Girls on lifetime tomorrow morning. They seem to have more intelligent arguments.

No comments: