Wednesday, June 10, 2009

Wausau

Overall a fun weekend. We kicked it off by celebrating Bill's birthday Friday night with a little cake and a happy birthday song.


Thunder got Daddy some tennis balls. She was very excited to have him open them.


Saturday afternoon we returned to the camper after a short trip to town to find the hotel on wheels all decked out for Bill's big "40". Surprise!








Our good friend Bubbles even made some wonderful place mats and coasters for the occasion.




Then we decided to see how many people we could get in the hotel on wheels for a birthday celebration. 13 seemed to fit rather easily.


Lots of cake!! And we discovered CAKE is Captain's secret weapon.


Saturday night cake seemed to create Sunday success for Billy.


As for me. . . . .well, "good racing" just isn't happening lately. I hope to rectify that issue with the arrival of my new frame in the very near future. Getting MY bike back together and set for me, exactly the way I like it will hopefully give me the motivation I need to get back to some regular training and find my fitness again. That and some decent weather wouldn't hurt. It's tough to want to get on my bike when it's in the 50's and dreary or overcast every day.

It's ok. Sooner or later I'll find the motivation to "be all that I can be" again. Until then I'll just enjoy the ride of life.

3 comments:

Coffee King (CK) said...

Great B-day celebration. Nicer weather sooner or later. It's good to be alive!

bmxmtbfam said...

Come roll the south kettle for 12 hours for training, i know a guy that can get you in line at 8am.

Mad Trix said...

Thanks for the hospitality over the weekend. You guys know how to turn lousy weather into a weekend to remember.