Monday, June 22, 2009

Mt Morris


I'm not going to lie. That race was hard. REALLY, REALLY hard. I do have to say the sport course was a TON better than last year. We didn't have to climb ALL the way to the top so there was a bit of breathing room, a tiny bit of time to recover.

There was a low turn out of sport girls - who can blame them, last year was nearly impossible. So my finish ended up not so bad. Most of the girls who finish above me chose not to come, I guess that worked out OK for me.


While I literally saw stars several times throughout the race, I was very proud to say I finished. THAT was my goal for Mt Morris. To finish. Goal accomplished. My average heart rate was 186 for that course, almost 10 beats higher than my first 2 WORS races this year. I thought I was going to be joining my dad during that race it hurt so bad. I guess he didn't want me up there yet. Probably a good thing. I'm really not quite ready.

My new bike will be ready by the end of the week. . . . .we'll see how that treats me. I wish I could be on it tomorrow. . . . but I'm happy I'll be on it SOON.

2 comments:

Mad Trix said...

Who cares how many showed up? You rocked it real tough out there Girl, nice work!

Coffee King (CK) said...

You had a whole group of us acting as "proud parents" during your inspiring ride. Thanks for putting it out there!