Monday, June 15, 2009

Tomorrow the car goes


It was dad's toy. Unfortunately he still had a loan on it, and of course we found out that loan is NOT covered by his "insurance" he had been paying for. That stopped about a week after his 70th birthday. He died about 3 weeks after his 70th birthday. So someone has to make the payments for the car (which we are now apparently 3 months delinquent for) or it has to go. I loved my dad and appreciated his love for his mini. . . . .but don't want a mini.

It's 2 months after his death and it still feels weird. I keep waiting for him to call me to go for coffee, drop me an e-mail to harass me for not updating my blog (he was my biggest fan). . .but then I realize that I'll never have the opportunity to talk to him again. I won't get to hug him this father's day and make sure he knows that I love him. I just have to hope that he left this world knowing what I seemed to be too busy to tell him often enough while I had the chance.

I hope whomever ends up with his mini loves it as much as he did.

I really miss him.

1 comment:

Christine said...

I am your second biggest fan! :-)