Wednesday, June 17, 2009

How the day shaped up

I got eaten by mosquito's, but I got some strawberries picked. I hope to find time to make something delicious with them for the weekend. We'll see.

I was so focused today I even got the lawn mowed. Good thing. . . .we were almost in need of a goat. Now it can rain tomorrow (if it must) and I don't have to worry.

I managed a short road ride today. . . .sadly my body felt like crap. All my rides have been feeling awful lately. It's not like I have the excuse of being over trained. . . .I think I just don't have any fitness. I feel like I'm back in that boat where I can get ONE good ride, but then I'm so far down on the fitness chain that it takes me a whole WEEK to recover. Every time I try to ride hard it feels like crap, I'm slow, my legs fill up with acid right away and my heart rate doesn't respond. How did I let this happen? It's going to take me the WHOLE season to have ANY good races at this rate. Oh well. It's too late to cry about it now. I might as well try and enjoy the ride. Maybe I'll be in shape come Cyclocross season. Yuck. :-)

No comments: