Friday, June 12, 2009

So much to catch up on!

First of all, a birthday shout out to Lori, who's birthday was yesterday.



Yesterday I found the perfect balance. I found time for some organization in the morning. . . . .started going through all my dad's things that have piled up in my front room. I sorted things into an E-Bay pile, an electronics pile (still need to sort through that), a junk pile and a pile of important papers to file. I've almost got those all sorted out. . . .it's unbelievable how much STUFF there is. Of course my office is even MORE of a disaster now, but at least the rest of my house is starting to become MY HOUSE again. I'm not a neat freak, but I HATE being completely disorganized. It overwhelms me, makes me irritated and eventually depresses me. Strange.

Anyway, after some much needed organization I set off for the office. I put a few hours in there preparing for a couple relocation markets I have on Monday. I enjoy working with transferees, but the paperwork that comes with that business is ridiculous. A relocation appointment takes me probably a full day to prepare for. A good 8 hours of research & paperwork completion. And the sad thing is, all that work doesn't guarantee a listing. Every "relo" listing appointment I'm in direct competition with at least 1 other agent. And while I put a great deal of research into my markets (pricing a home correctly is everything now-a-days), I've lost several of these listings lately to agents who overpriced the home. Sometimes sellers don't understand it doesn't matter where you price it. . . . .YOU don't set the price, the buyer does. So go ahead and list with the agent who overprices your listing because it's what they know you want to hear. I'll be there to help you in 6 months when you realize I was right in the first place.

To round out the day yesterday I took fellow team member "Massage Becky" on her SECOND mountain bike ride ever. We headed out to Greenbush.


I went a bit early and got a 7 mile loop in with Thunder (man that dog can run). She's tired today. :-) Then I did another small loop (loops 1 & 2) on my own while I waited for Becky to arrive. I then took her out for another big loop. On only her second mtb ride ever, she did awesome. Only a few minor tip overs. . . nothing major. I wish I would have picked up SKEELZ as fast as she is picking them up. Maybe if I had had someone to HELP me when I was first learning I'd be ahead of the game. Instead I taught myself, which meant 3-4 years of continuous falling for Brittany. Looking back that wasn't the worst thing. Now-a-days I'm REALLY good at NOT falling. Too funny.

3 comments:

Mad Trix said...

Lori's new kit?
As Bill would say "Spectacular"

Coffee King (CK) said...

Or as Paris Hilton would say "That's hot!!!"

Ryan said...

That's tongue in the ear hot.