Monday, July 07, 2008

Tagged

Ok, I don't want to tag anyone. . . . .but I'll at least play along and tell 6 things since 2 peeps tagged me while I was on vacation. Here are 6 things you maybe didn't know about me.

1) I was born in York Pennsylvania.

2) I played the violin from 4th grade until I was in my second year of college. I also dabbled with the cello, guitar & piano. I played in the youth division of the Milwaukee Symphony (Music for Youth) for 2 years. I also played in a duet at one of our high school concerts, with our full orchestra accompanying. I had a few gigs playing weddings and a few other misc places along the way. Now I haven't touched my violin in at least 15 years.

3) I started college as an elementary education major (I actually wanted to be a music teacher). At the end of my 3rd year I wasn't sure I wanted to be a teacher anymore so I changed my major to sociology with a minor in psychology. I had no idea what I was going to do with that. . . . .I just knew I'd get that stupid Bachelors of Science degree everyone said I "needed".

4) I have great difficulties with people yelling at me. I think it's part of the reason I get so worked up in the elite races this year. I understand people aren't necessarily yelling AT me. . . . . .but I'm overly sensitive in that area. Talking nice to me during a race will get you everywhere.

5) I have an irrational fear of trains and "wind turbines". I'm also not crazy about deep water.

6) I have absolutely no athletic background. I was in forensics and orchestra and never owned a bike (except as a kid) until I met Bill. When I turned 30, I finally decided to become "active". I secretly hate those people who have that natural athletic ability. . . . .the ones who don't have to "train". I thought maybe if I trained really hard for a few years, maybe I could become one of them. Yeah, that's worked well for me.

I hope you enjoyed my little tid bits. I've probably got better ones. . . . .but I'm a little slow today.

4 comments:

amelia said...

orchestra nerds unite! i almost forgot about our eerily similar experiences. hs violin geeks turned music school dropouts turned bike racers with no athletic background.

great job this weekend brittany. athletic background or not, you're doing great this season.

Chris said...

C'mon, speech geeks are better! At least with music you get to show off once in a while, and other people are secretly jealous. With forensics you're just a total geek who spent every weekend at some other school. What was your specialty?

MTB Girl said...

Story telling.

Christine said...

I see 19 tough MTB chicks on that list who love to have fun in the dirt:) Now what man would not like that?