Wednesday, July 16, 2008

Annual Realtor's Golf Outting

Today is our annual Realtor's golf outing. I don't know how this happens, but once again I managed to get "volunteered" to be on the golf committee. If you know me, you know I'm a very bad golfer. Despite the fact I actually took golf as a class in college, I seem to have retained nothing. In fact, the only time I would hit a good shot in class was when my instructor followed me around and reminded me what to do as I hit.

It's always a "crap shoot" golfing with me. Once in a while I'll get a great hit off, followed by 4 whacks where I top the ball and it goes 3 inches. One never knows. BUT, I'm told I'm "fun" when you put me in a golf cart and add a couple beverages. . . . . . .so I guess that's what today is all about (having fun).

Typically the golf outing falls on the week of my birthday. One year it fell ON my birthday. . . . .that's something you don't want a bunch of Realtor's to know. I don't remember that golf outing all that well (although there seems to be pictures). In fact that was the year people were STILL talking about it at the Christmas party. Yikes. Kind of scary to make THAT kind of impression on people. Thank goodness THAT doesn't happen every year.



I think this year will be a nice, calm day with some "work peeps" out in the sun. I'm golfing with my manager (who, by the way, can get become more "fun" than myself when beverages are added) and her husband. I think we may be a golfer shy, which probably means I get to drive my own cart around. Sweet. I apologize ahead of time if you're programmed into my phone and I call you today. :-)
After the outing we have a delicious dinner and an awesome raffle. I helped with the shopping for this year's prizes, nearly $1200 in prizes. Last year I won a TON of stuff. . . . . hopefully this year will prove as profitable. I have my eye on a few of the items. I'll keep my fingers crossed.
Whatever YOUR day brings today, I hope it involves bathing in the sunshine, a little laughter, and a bunch of smiles. Those are MY goals for the day.

3 comments:

Coffee King (CK) said...

Nice :-)

Christine said...

you look like a movie star! Can I have your autograph?

Unknown said...

are you hungover today?