Sunday, July 13, 2008

Finally. . . . .some decent rides

While the cold I managed to catch took me out for a few days, I was able to return to the "land of the living" towards the end of the week and catch a couple nice road rides.

Friday was a nice, slow, leisurely ride with a couple peeps on the interurban trail. We hopped on in Grafton and headed North. 3+ hours later we returned nice and refreshed, and a bit hungry. It was a slow pace, but being that I'm a couple months behind everyone else. . . . .I guess base miles are a good thing. Plus that pace allows for lots of chatting, which is fun sometimes too.

Saturday I took the pace up a couple notches as I ventured out in the overcast day fearing I'd get dumped on. It was a strange ride. I started alone, picked up CK about 30 minutes in and rode with him for about 45 minutes. Then I branched off by myself again to head further north. My goal was to ride through Dundee, so I went for it.
At the corner in Dundee I stopped for the stop sign, only to look over and see my husband talking to an old friend of ours at the Hamburger Haus. He had taken off that morning with a couple other fast peeps to hit the infamous "hill route" (you'd have to ask them what that really is). We both wondered if we'd end up seeing each other as we figured we may be coming back through that area at the same time, and sure enough! So I took the pace up yet another couple notches and hopped on their little train to head back home.

After almost puking up my Cliff bar at the top of a hill 30 minutes later, I thought I'd better take a short cut back and let them catch me. I needed a bit of rest. We all pulled onto our road together (except for CK who I think was already taking a nap). That was the longest road ride I've done this season. A bit over 3 hours, about 54 miles, with an average of 17. And that left me COMPLETELY famished. :-)

Sunday offered up a day of work for me. I had a couple sellers who really wanted open houses, so I had to take care of that. Of course I didn't really have any interested buyers, but I guess that's the way the ball bounces.

Now it's time to get a few chores done, and then take the Thunder Puppy out for some exercise so she'll be a good puppy and do THIS:

No comments: