Monday, May 26, 2008

Another weekend bites the dust

Thanks to CK for the wonderful race post regarding the 12 hours at New Fane. It was once again a success thanks to all our wonderful team members, friends & family and all the racers of course! While I do enjoy putting that race together, I'm glad it's now behind me so perhaps I can finally start training!!

Sunday we did race course clean up and I got 4 laps in myself. A bit under 2 hours. I was feeling completely lethargic and SLOW. . . . . .even more so than usual. But I got a nice ride in and tear down went quite fast. The weather was nice as well, which made riding all that much better.

Monday Captain had to work so I headed up to the Reforestation Camp with some peeps. A bit drained from Sunday, I had to take it down to endurance to get my ride in. Just shy of 2.5 hours, overall a good time. I think these last 2 days I've ridden more than I have in the past 2 weeks. Yikes! No wonder I'm tired (and slow). :-)

Back to the real world tomorrow. I'm so not ready. My house is a disaster, there are doggie hair balls everywhere, crushed beetles, stuffing pieces from Thunder's toys. . . . .I need another weekend just to rest and get caught up on clean up. Yeah. Guess that's not gonna happen.

2 comments:

Chris said...

Hey, sorry about that package of clif blocks out on the trail -- I didn't mean to litter, honestly! Thanks again for an awesome race!

Regina said...

The race was awesome...thanks for all your hard work adn the rest pf the Pedal Moraine team!