Tuesday, May 06, 2008

So sore!

Wow. That extra lap sure adds some extra soreness to the body. As if it's not hard enough doing 90 minutes at an AHR of 181, add another 34 and I'm ready to trade this model in for a younger one with more upgrades.

Today I felt a little better in terms of major aches and pains and I had a tad bit more energy. But the muscles that were/are tweaked are REALLY tweaked.

After 75 minutes of yoga (the relaxation kind) and 60 minutes of intense, deep massage, I'm thinking I'm about ready to turn the corner tomorrow. Either that, or I'll not be able to get out of bed. One or the other is a sure bet.

I tried a short hike with Thunder today. . . .only made it 40 minutes and my body was toast. I'd better find my endurance soon or I'll NEVER get to train. I'll be recovering all the time. :-)

3 comments:

Dano said...

You might need to learn the fine art of recovery riding.....

Good job on your first elite race!

Christine said...

What?? a massage? Now you sound like one of those spoiled pros, tee hee hee.

amelia said...

i didn't even do that extra lap and i was cooked. i went out for an easy hour ride on tuesday and could barely manage that.