Sunday, September 16, 2007

The Sunday Tri-fecta

After fielding a call from work and having to spend the better portion of his Sunday morning working, Captain was quickly losing interest in a ride for the day. So I gathered the mountain bikes and told him he was riding with me. . . . . .and we were doing what I wanted to do. He grumbled a little, but knew he needed to ride, so off we went.

We started with a quick warm up to the trail down the road from us, Glacial Blue. It takes about 10 minutes to ride there (on the mtb), so we hoofed it down and rode a lap there. I had some shifting issues, which after further examination we realized one of the rings in my cassette is bent. That was a pain. Couldn't use that gear at ALL. Gotta get that fixed REAL soon. . . . . .

Here he is trying to ride away from me. He just wanted to go home.

After that we hit the gravel trail to head on up threw Kewaskum to head to our next MTB stop, New Fane. Kewaskum was having a little car show in town. . . . how exciting. We had to look from afar, as we didn't have time to check it out.

New Fane was a bit of a hike, but it was a nice day. We arrived and looked all "cool" in our team gear. . . .and I looked like a totally cool chick with my WORS number plate on. The "t-shirts" out riding were in awe.

After our lap there I didn't know if I had enough in me to finish the tri-fecta, but we headed to Sunburst anyway. Once we were there it wasn't so bad. I just paced myself up the hill and I knew I only had to do one lap. THAT really helped.

After we completed our lap at Sunburst we headed home to meet some peeps. I totally bonked on the 15 minute ride home. . . . . . .full out sweats, dizzy, etc. I didn't think I was going to make it, but I did.
Once home we did a quick clean up and gathered the peeps in the truck to head to the ice age trail for a short hike. Our dog really needed the exercise. Squirt hopped in the back seat and I guess she sat on something. . . . . .started grabbing her coccyx and moaning and stuff. We all laughed. . . . . .and then she did too.
We stopped for a quick photo opt. before we set out on what was actually a freakin' TRAIL RUN. What SHOULD have been a 60 minute "hike" turned out to be a 45 minute all out "brisk walk/jog". I actually got dropped a few times. I was TIRED.


Then we headed back home where CK was hard at work putting the finishing touches on our dinner. We stuffed our faces with spaghetti & meatballs and then indulged on ice cream w/chocolate and strawberries for dessert. I do believe we put as many calories back in as we burnt for the day (at least I did).

Now we'll once again rest & recover. I'm pretty sure I'm gonna be SORE tomorrow.

1 comment:

julie said...

i think we need some dog photos!