Sunday, September 30, 2007

Slow to update

I know. . . . .I'm off my A-Game. So slow to update. . . . .so unlike me.

It was an action packed week for MTB Girl. I skipped the rides M-W and then tried to cram it all into Thursday. Split the day with an AM ride with Squirt up at SheVegas, and another night ride with the gang. Made my infamous meatloaf for afterwards. . . . .for some reason it wasn't as good as it usually is, probably cuz I had to put it on the timer. Holding true with the night ride theme. . . . .Super Fly did the yard sale this time around. It isn't a night ride until SOMEONE yardsales it. Hers was incredible. Flipped the bike completely over on it's seat & handle bars with the wheels still spinning. Bet she couldn't do it again if she tried.

Friday we made an awesome score. Traded up our piece of crap TV that requires one stomp on the floor to eliminate the buzzing & static at times. . . . . . .to an "old school" projection TV. It's not the OLD, old school. . . . . .it's actually a pretty amazingly clear picture. So we're back to having to sit a room away again until we can once again adjust to the sheer size of the screen. I do not know HOW we lived without it. We'd better get saving now, because when it dies, we simply are NOT going back to anything smaller than 50". :-)

Saturday had us back up at SheVegas. . . . .I just LOVE that course. It is so much fun. Super Fly even made it up the equalizer. She's one up on me. I used to be able to get just to that root at the top (with my last bike), but now 2/3 of the way is about all I can do. Of course come race day we'll all be hiking a bike anyway. . . . . . . .

And today Captain and I traded in our ride for an extended workout in the flower beds (again). I can type this because I know they'll NEVER read this. . . . but I think the people that lived here before us were absolutely NUTS. We spent the entire day in the flower beds and got like 1/10 of them done. No shit. They're a "gardeners dream" (well, not right now), but they are OUR WORST NIGHTMARE. We'll probably be stuck in bed all day tomorrow not able to move. At least SheVegas is still a week away. . . . . .

And a big kuddos to CK who braved it out for the Cross Race both Saturday and Sunday. He ended up walking away with 1st overall. It's nice to see someone's training is finally paying off.

Speaking of which. . . . . .the DR says my "Iola incident" was likely just an episode of exercise induced asthma. However, due to my strong family history of heart "issues", coupled with a few other HR issues I've been having, I've got a stress test scheduled (AFTER Sheboygan). He said we'll probably get laughed out of the stress lab, and I'll probably pass better than 99.9% of his patience. . . . .BUT there's enough "data" to warrant at least putting our minds at ease. Thanks for the crappy genetics Dad. ;-)

1 comment:

Christine said...

There is nothing like having MAN BEAR PIG scare me off my bike into mid air.

Great Job Jeff!