Wednesday, September 05, 2007

It was a HOT one today!

Kinda felt like doing this today. . . . . .it was HOT!


Instead I got my butt out to Sunburst to test the new seals on my fork. I knew they were about ready to be replaced, as they'd leak on a regular basis. . . . . . .but after Monday's ride, I was told they were finally leaking down the fork, which means it was time to fix them. So I dropped Athena off at my "mechanic's house" (CK) and he took care of it. Thanks again!

I waited until about 12:30 to make sure it was good and hot (ok, that's not really why I waited) and I hopped on the bike and rode out to Sunburst. It literally takes me 15 minutes to ride there if I'm riding leisurely. I got 2 laps in, taking it easy when I could. For those of you who have ridden there recently, remember the nice little concrete slab up top where you can catch some good air? Yeah, not anymore. They started digging a trench up there and now there's dirt all across the path, with a nice 6 foot deep hole in the middle. Not sure if they'll have that back together for Sunday. . . . .otherwise a little "re-routing" will be necessary. So don't try to ride up the dirt or you'll fall into the gaping, black hole. And THAT would hurt.


Other than that, the course is in great shape. Now will it hold? Supposedly rain is on it's way. . . . .but then again we all know how "smart" weather people are, so who knows really?


Get out and enjoy the evening if you can, but don't forget your bug spray. The Skeeters are out in full force for the next 3-4 weeks. Oh well, at least they waited until September.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

that cartoon was us on the trail tonight.
it was absolutely ridiculous. i couldn't get up one of the hills fast enough. i think i had 50 on me at one time and that's not counting the ones getting ready to land. those little effers were on my ear lobes, my face, my butt, my arms, legs, ankles. it was sickening. i wanted to scream but didn't want them to get in my mouth.

velogrrl said...

hopefully Kewaskum will not be Kewaskeeterum...

Anonymous said...

I already warned my wife NOT to come Sunday just to spectate...