Friday, September 07, 2007

Errands here. . . . and there. . . . .

Well, today was a great Friday. I awoke early to travel to Grafton to meet some peeps for coffee at the "new" Alterra coffee house. After I was good and caffeined up, I headed on over to Target to scout out area rugs. We were in need of a runner for the hallway, as our German Shepherd is having some leg issues and can't walk well on the slippery floor. It's a sad thing, but that's a post for another day. After a couple "rug" stops, I found the perfect runner for our hallway. I do believe she likes it as she had made herself at home mere seconds after I had laid it down.


After rug shopping, I made my way to the new Costco in Grafton. How exciting! I had never been in a Costco so I wasn't really sure what to expect. I did get nervous though, when 15 minutes before they opened there were already 6 people standing at the door, and another 10 cars in the parking lot with people in them. . . .waiting. About 3 minutes to 10 they opened the door and we herded in like a bunch of cattle. It was sweet.

45 minutes and $66 later, I was departing the store with my "goodies".

As I was leaving I noticed another 30+ people in line to get Costco cards. The parking lot was unbelievably full and I'm thinking "don't these people WORK?" Guess they might have been thinking the same thing about me. . . . . . .

On the way home I rented "Wild Hogs". Some peeps are coming for tacos & a movie tonight, I hope it's good. It's ok if it's "stupid humor". For some strange reason, we seem to "get" that type of thing.

All in all it was a very nice Friday. It's funny though. As I'm driving around the countryside I'm thinking to myself. . . . .for a "social person", I sure spend a LOT of time alone. It's all good though. I'm not such bad company.

4 comments:

Regina said...

Alterra coffee, I am so jealous! I wish we had one in janesville. I think I'll make a stop there on Sunday though. I used to live in milwaukee and had Alterra coffee at least 4 days a week.

velogrrl said...

Can you give us an updated course report, if you have time, for those of us who won't get there until tomorrow? That would be great!

Chris said...

I'm jealous too, Alterra needs to come south ... And the real question, which you seem to have left out of your post, is whether you raced everyone else -- were you the first one to the checkout line???

MTB Girl said...

Nah, I took my time and shopped "smart". Had to wait in line. And unfortunately, the Alterra in Grafton is still 30 minutes away from my front door. TOO far!!