Thursday, December 21, 2006

Looking Back

Last night we did a night ride at Blue which once again proved to be a good time. Only a couple casualties. . . . . nothing TOO serious. We were out about 1:43 and came home to stuffed shells for dinner. Delicious!

I'm an "organized" fitness freak, with a spreadsheet that charts my workout plans, my weight, my fatigue level, my stress level and my sleep. As I input my workout last night I commented to Bill how "funny" it was that I was putting a "3" down for fatigue (on a 1-5 scale - 5 being the worst). Looking back just about all my workouts have been 3's recently, which is odd because I haven't BEEN working out! It's sad when you lose your fitness. . . . .every workout seems 10 times harder than it really is.

As I flipped back to October and November, I see a sad, SAD trend. Two months full of 4's and even 5's in ALL categories, low workouts hours, lots of "off" times. . . . . .no wonder December's workouts seem SOOOOO hard!

This will be my lowest year in terms of hours on the bike since I started riding. Much lower mileage, much lower time training, higher fatigue & stress. . . .but lower weight, if that counts for anything. :-)

2007 is just around the corner and yet I still don't know what it will bring for me. A full WORS season? A GOOD WORS season?? Mediocre at best??? Or will the body turn around and this will be the year I rock out? Given it's already almost the end of December. . . I don't see that option on the horizon for 2007. But I'm learning to live my life for the day and not worry about the future as much. It's not an easy transition for me to make. . . .but as long as I WANT to be on my bike (which I do) and as long as I CAN be on my bike (even if only for half the time as in years past) really. . . .that's what it's all about. Maybe the "results" won't be there again. . . . .but if it's still FUN, I think I'm in.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

You need to add a coulmn to the spreadsheet titled "Would I do this ride again?" and put a big fat Y in it because reguardless of the workout a ride with friends on the 20th of December is just plain sweet. Like Dupree said "its not about the bike..."