Saturday, November 25, 2006

The Week

How does one sum up the week of Thanksgiving?

Wednesday night - did a night ride. . . . .TRIED to do a night ride. CK lost his crank arm, no one had a tool, couldn't reach Tiny on his phone, Brittany was elected to ride back to the house to bring a tool back so everyone else could keep riding. On the way out Tiny noted CK was already on the road on his way back to the Nigh's house. Now I lost everyone so rather than ride in the dark alone, I figured I'd go home anyway so CK didn't have to hang out alone. That plan didn't work. I got home and NO CK. Sat by myself until everyone came back about 90 minutes later. Got caught up on dishes though.

Thursday - The day of THANKS. Wasn't feeling very thankful. Body was hurting, mind was fried from the long week at work, I just needed some TLC. . . .none to be had.

Friday - The start of exterior illumination. . . . .or so we thought. Thought a cold might be coming on so I laid low and tested outside lights. Bill got a call from work, had to go in to rebuild a server. So I took a nap and called the Virgin and the General to see if we were "ON" for the night. 22 minutes on the phone and we formulated a plan. Finally heard from CK, he rode 3 hours alone. Called Bill, he'd be at work all evening so he said go eat. Tiny called. . . . .somehow he must have known we were going to eat. $50 and two pitchers of Margaritas later, Virgin and Girl were feeling pretty good. We left the restaurant to head home and I must have been obnoxious because I remember a slight disagreement and then riding home in silence. Got home, got the games out, got more alcohol, scared CK away . . . . .he left. . . . .the rest of us partied till dawn. Played a little twister. . . and that's all I'm going to say about that!

Saturday - Wake up feeling crummy, but excited to ride my mountain bike with my friends on new trails. Sounded like Bill was going to have to work for most of the day again, so I tried to scope out where I was supposed to be and when. I was supposed to ride down with CK, but he left without even calling me, so I had no clue where I was supposed to be. Being "flexible" I jumped on the internet to locate this Jewel Osco I was supposed to be at. Took me longer than I thought to get there. . . . .and I was just about to say screw it and turn around when I was reeled back in by Lori who directed me to where I needed to be. When I finally got there thankfully KEVIN was helpful enough to get my bike out and get it ready while I put my shoes on and got ready to ride. Had a good time with Amy. . . . .of course we always have fun riding together. Left the Jewel Osco parking lot with the promise to hear from CK in a bit. . . . . haven't heard from him. Got home, Bill had already left for work, now I get to curl up on the couch and spend Saturday night on my own. Plans change I guess. I'm told I need to be "flexible".

Hopefully tomorrow brings better times. It's got to, right??

6 comments:

Mountaingoat said...

So you had a good time riding with Amy but not with me? Thanks...now I know where I stand.

Anonymous said...

Too bad for the directions, I wish I went with you guys but I decided to ride with Trail Girl and her dusty bike in Tosa. The River trails are a bit much for easin into things for someone who has been off for two years, but I have to say she sure didn't loose the skills! Hope your weekend was great!

Anonymous said...

Opps, I had too much vino tonight and forgot to post my name:-) TIme to getr back to work, too much vacation is not good.

bmxmtbfam said...

What with all the crank arms falling off of West Bend bikes

Coffee King (CK) said...

Never had the problem until the "nifty" set of Bontrager Carbon cranks. The good news is that my weaker right leg continues to see more use than my left after having the crank arm fall off on two rides. Locktite should have solved that one now.

Anonymous said...

Damn those margaritas were good. I could have passed on the second helping of spinach enchiladas. As for the rest of the night, I don't really know what to say about that, except Holy Crap!