Wednesday, November 08, 2006

Happy Birthday CK!

A big HAPPY BIRTHDAY goes out to Jeff Melcher today. Not quite the Big "4-0". . . .but he's closer to it than I am. Hope your day is great. And you're welcome for the weather I provided you with.

Did a night ride last night again. Wasn't as much fun as last week's. I think the fatigue I'm still carrying from the Iceman made it just a tad bit less fun than I hoped for. Funny how the body can do that to you. . . .make a ride less fun when it hurts a little more than usual. I also seemed to momentarily have a loss of "skills" and forgot how to RIDE. Although I wasn't laying across the trail on the way down those "steps". . . . .yes, those "steps" that you aren't supposed to ride. . . . .now Captain's got a one way ticket "you know where" and it wasn't even Squirt's fault. She was off gettin' "perty".

Hit New Fane today for a bit since it was SOOOO beautiful. Yeah, that felt like crap too. Guess the body needs some recovery time. Seems like hard rides take me down for several days now-a-days. It kind of sucks to lose the "recovery" factor. But at least I'm on the bike. That's a bonus. And besides, the "base period" will shortly be upon us. Then it's lots of long, easy rides anyway. THOSE I can handle. Thank god it takes the endurance longer to leave the body. There might be hope for me yet. :-)

GET OUT and enjoy the weather. I will make the snow fly again soon. Yuck.

2 comments:

Coffee King (CK) said...

Thanks for the B-day shout out. Greatly appreciated!

jwm said...

I stumbled onto this blog from other Wors / Wisconsin CX bloggers.. Anyway, I know that CK dude. Been years though. Small world.