Saturday, March 01, 2008

So much to update on

What a whirlwind week it has been.

After the quality issues with the coffee Wednesday, my day turned around. Went to lunch with a friend and then hit the shop to hang for a while. I've decided I should actually learn how to care for my bike myself, since that seems to be the easiest option. It's hard to wait for others to have the time and/or desire to do your maintenance when everyone is so busy with their own lives.

So Beans offered to help me learn.

We tore Athena apart and cleaned her good. Ordered a bunch of new "stuff" and next week I'll get to learn how to replace my cables & housing, put a new chain on, new cassette, adjust my shifting. . . . .all those things I SHOULD know, but don't.

I didn't think anyone would believe I was there, so I made them take a picture of me. It was kind of fun.


Thursday brought me a window of time in the morning, so I got up and hit my "project list". I painted the entry way and the hallway.
Here's the color it was before.
Here's during. . . . . .notice the color difference.

And then after.


While it's darker than it was, it's a "warm" color. So now the hallway feels warm and cheerful, especially when the sun hits it. Just a few touch up spots today and I can put that project to rest.

Friday night I whipped up some delicious veggie lasagna for the gang (sorry, no pictures). Those kinds of meals take a long time to prepare (took me about 1:45ish), but everyone thought it was tasty, so it was all worth it.

We bribed Lt. Dan to bring guitar hero again, and this time watched the General and the Virgin hash it out. No contest. She SKOOLED him big time. She jumped to the Medium level after a few rounds and now she's almost a pro. Too bad they're not going to NC, she could SKOOL Bustin' Justin at Expert level.

Two weeks and we'll be sipping coffee off the balcony overlooking the mountains in North Carolina contemplating what type of ride to do. Yeah, I'm SOOOOOOO ready for that.

4 comments:

Christine said...

Now you can teach me a few things about the bike. Nice paint job too!

amelia said...

yay north carolina!!!!!! what luck that we're down there at the same time!

Dano said...

I girl who does her own maintinace rates very high on the cool meter!

Chris said...

You will be SO much more satisfied once you can work on your bike. It's such a great feeling, and really does bring you closer to it!