Monday, March 17, 2008

North Carolina

We're here and our Internet is FINALLY fixed!

Here was our view from the cabin Saturday morning. Lovely!

Day #1 we headed out for a road ride, up the Blue Ridge Parkway. The sun came out and overall it was a beautiful day for the "B" group. The "A" group however, managed to stay out just a tad bit longer and they got nailed by the rain storm.

Day #2 we headed out on the mountain bikes to Bent Creek. Again, another lovely day. Except for the fact that my bike wasn't working properly. Apparently the B screw wasn't set properly and I wasn't able to use any of the middle gears. SO, I definitely got a taste of being a single speed. It was ok.

We stopped for a couple photo ops as well. Overall good times.



And Squirt and Shooter are doing well also. Shooter has been carrying my ass all week. . . . . .we can't get Squirt to stop smoking. . . . . . .


And now we're off for dinner. . . . Mellow Mushroom here we come. I hope I can make it that long. I'm STARVING!.

7 comments:

Dano said...

Very nice....
Say hi to the Westphals for me!

bmxmtbfam said...

man I miss that place. its been way to long since I put a tire down in NC

Anonymous said...

No wasn't your bike just in for a overhaul and you learned how to fix things like that..... hmmmmm

Can't be as much fun without me...

Christine said...

Nice views! Glad to see you guys are having fun!

julie said...

mmmm. so jealous! i love the mellow shroom!

Regina said...

Okay, I'm jealous of your mellow mushroomness. I'm 16 days away from enjoying my own mellow mushroom pizza. It rocks doesn't it??

Anonymous said...

Looks like you guys are getting in some good road riding. Climbing the mountain roads must be like riding up HWY D but only for 2+ hrs longer. I can't wait for my turn of sustained climbing! Any opportunities to ride some trails? With all those trees and mountains, there has got to be some good trail riding out there!

Safe travels home

Ty