Tuesday, March 25, 2008

Finally

I won't make excuses for not posting sooner. . . . . I know I'm just a loser.

We picked up the newest member of our family Easter Sunday. She still doesn't have a name, although we're contemplating a couple. Right now she comes to "Puppy".

Here's her on the ride home. She's playing all shy. First time away from the "family" and all. Don't buy it though. She's not a shy one at all.

Here she is with Daddy. She already loves him to pieces. I think he kinda likes her too.


And here she is starting her guard dog duties. . . . . monitoring the front door already.

She looks pretty big, but she'll be just 9 weeks old tomorrow. Her dad was HUGE and her mom was on the small side. Her feet are scary big, so if that's any indication of which "parent" she's going to follow in size. . . . . .we're in trouble.

She's a perfect puppy. Her razor teeth can go. . . . .but otherwise she's very well mannered (for the most part) and she's spent 2 nights in her crate sleeping the whole night through with no whimpering. THAT took us by surprise. We were told to expect NO sleep for a few nights but she settled right in and is a perfect member of our family.

As for Bear, the 15 year old black lab. . . . . .well, she could really care less about this little bundle of energy that tries to bite at her ears once in a while. But then again, she could really care less about most things now-a-days, except for food. She LOVES food. Guess she's earned that right being like 100.

Happy Tuesday. I'll update on NC as soon as the new power cord for my old lap top comes. Right now I can't access a thing from it. . . . . .no power. That means I can't get to any of the pictures on it, and I can't e-mail anyone who's address I don't have memorized (who memorizes e-mail addresses now-a-days anyway?!?).

There's always tomorrow!

4 comments:

bmxmtbfam said...

Sleeping all night. You are lucky. I have been on a every 2 hour wake up and let out to go cycle. So the good thing is she know to go outside, but she cant hold anything yet. I will agree with the teeth, everyone in the house has shed some blood.

Sarah Lukas said...

that puppy is going to be a nice big one!!! How exciting and how adorable. Im glad that she's going to be guarding the house.

Did you have fun in NC? I'm bummed we couldn't meet up but I hope you had a blast with the crew!

Dano said...

Very cute pup.

Not as cute as Gizmo tho....

Sorry, but everyone is partial to their own....

She is cute tho.....

jwm said...

Big dogs rule. Once they turn, oh say, two. Cute pup though.

-jwm