Thursday, March 06, 2008

Cancer

Found this article this morning. I'm not a big Patrick Swayze fan. . . . . .but I've seen first hand what Pancreatic Cancer will do to a person. It's a battle I wouldn't "wish" on anyone.

Funny how life works isn't it? Not so much funny, as unpredictable, disturbing, depressing, scary. . . .but then at times it can be the complete opposite.

They say we have to live through the bad times to appreciate the good times. And to some small extent I can understand that. Often times it's in those times of need, those saddened moments, that "good things" happen. The people that really love us and care about us step up to the plate and are there to "hold our hands", to listen, to care.

And it really doesn't take much to show you care. . . .in fact yesterday Bill and I received a card from our kennel with their sympathies for losing Storm. Bill just called a few days ago to "book Bear's vacation" while we're gone in NC, so that's how they found out. It's been almost a month now, and I still cried when I opened the card.

It's amazing how many incredible, thoughtful, caring people are in this world. And it's even more amazing that so many of them have touched my life. It's nice to know you're cared about. It makes life just a little bit easier.

1 comment:

Dano said...

Its so true that health is everything.