Sunday, March 09, 2008

Weekend recap

Why do the weekends always go by so darn quickly!! I don't know. . . maybe it's because we pack do DAMN much into each of them????

Friday night we hung out with a few friends, had some salmon (well not me, fish is icky), and I fell asleep on the floor next to the dog while everyone else played with my new lap top (that's why the call me the party animal).

Saturday I worked just about all day while Bill got his ride in and did a few chores around the house. Saturday night we headed out to see some "non-biking" friends (yes, we have a COUPLE of those) and we played some games. We got really screwed up with the time change. Got to bed late, got up early, had a tough time keeping the eyes open Sunday.

Sunday we met the newest member of our family.

We don't have a name secured yet, but we've got a few in mind. She's only 7 weeks old right now, so she'll be ready to come home to her NEW home as soon as we get back from vacation. The OLD DOG gets ONE more free Sunday, then she's going to be REALLLLLLLY tired ALL the time having to try and keep up with this little bundle of energy. I can't wait.

After visiting her, a few of us headed out for a little hike so I'd at least get SOME TYPE of workout in! It felt pretty good (but way too difficult - uugh).

We came home to a nice dinner - chicken on the grill - and an evening with our NC friends, gathering things for the trip and making our last minute preparations. We leave Thursday. I can't wait.

And that's the weekend recap. Overall, a fun time. I could have used more sleep, a little less activity and another workout or two. But really, it was a fun time and I wouldn't change a thing. Now hopefully we can manage the stress level this week as we prepare for departure. Sweet.

8 comments:

Christine said...

The puppy is adorable!

Dano said...

And a good time was had by all.

yes, the puppy is way cute!

velogrrl said...

awwww. cute!

amelia said...

PUPPY!!!! i am such a sucker for cute baby animals. so cute.

Unknown said...

so very cute!!! and you are right, the weekends do fly by.

College said...

That puppy is now my motivation to get a real job so I can get my own.

College

Sarah Lukas said...

awww!! Cute little fuzz ball!! How exciting. You will have a great time in NC. I am heading out Friday or Saturday to Bryson City. You in that area? We will probably leave for Kentucky the next sunday or so.

We should ride together!

715.617.2741

Regina said...

your new puppy is so cute! Puppies are so fun!