Sunday, November 18, 2007

An ok weekend

Overall it was a good weekend. Spent some time with some girlfriends Friday night, tipped back a few beverages, had some delicious Mexican food, made a pyramid, went to bed with Shooter (aka SS Amy) at 10:00pm. Fun times.

Saturday morning brought us crappy weather but we packed up the bikes none-the-less and headed off to the River Trails to meet up with the girls. A few face plants were taken, a couple biffs, one Alterra boy we met up with (Ty) took a splooch in the river, but all-in-all a good time was had by all. Afterwards we headed out to the Twisted Fork for some post ride calories. We talked of our riding experiences, our future trips we want to take with our bikes, and who's on our "lists". Meg laughed at us "old" women. . . . .and found it humorous that I had to take 2 Advil that morning, on top of the Aleve I take every day, because I was stiff. Just wait I told her, some day that's going to be HER, maybe not for another 20+ years, but SOMEDAY. Again. . . .a good time.

Sunday I woke up stiff and a bit fatigued from Friday & Saturday's riding, so I decided to spectate at the Sun Prairie cross race. Cross is SO much more fun when you spectate. One day I'll have to try spectating with a buzz. I bet it's even MORE fun then.

One more night in the big house alone before Captain comes home. I miss him a little bit. Don't tell him tho'. It will go to his head.

2 comments:

Christine said...

Ya I popped some Advil too before the ride and it continued every four hours into Sunday:) Hope the cross race was better than my hangover.

amelia said...

Sorry I missed you at the Ladies ride, I'm looking forward to future rides! And as for the cross race, I'm glad you weren't there to see me race - it was an embarrassing excuse of a race for me. I am just so ready for the season to be over and consequently just stopped trying and caring during the race.