Wednesday, November 07, 2007

It's ON

Tomorrow we leave for the Iceman in Traverse City Michigan. Last year we encountered a blizzard on our way up there.

Although I do recall it was a pretty drive. Quiet. . . . .but pretty.


It's always interesting trying to figure out how to dress, especially when there haven't been that many COLD days this year. Last night we did a night ride and I completely OVER dressed, causing me to become one big sweat ball, which turned me into an icicle. Perhaps looking back on last year's pics will remind me how to dress. Or maybe not. . . . . . .

It's also strange to be doing a mountain bike race after such a long break from the end of the WORS season. While I've been doing some "fun" rides (some of which have had a little bit of intensity), I've really taken a break from race efforts. . . . .other than at the cross race. And we all know how THAT went.

But the Iceman is different. It's all different peeps, it's in a totally different place, it's completely different weather than we're accustomed to (I'm actually better in the COLD than I am in the HEAT so at least I've got that goin' for me), it's different terrain, and it's at a time of year where you're just out to have fun. So that's what I'm planning for. Last year I had absolutely NO idea what to expect and I did pretty good. This year I have a bit of a clue. . . . .and although my fitness is probably a little behind last year I think I'm still gonna have a good time.

I'll just have to remember to french fry when I feel like I need to pizza.

2 comments:

Dano said...

good luck to you and your "peeps".

velogrrl said...

Good luck! I hope you have decent weather.