Monday, September 25, 2006

WI Rapids

It was a weekend full of excitement. The boys made it to the podium again. Captain's SECOND best finish of the year. CK took 12th overall, Captain took 22nd overall. Nice job boys.

I thought I'd try a new strategy since I'm not really sure how my body works anymore. I started in the back of the pack at Sunburst, but there wasn't any single track there. So I thought I'd start in the FRONT of the pack this time around, hooking Holly's wheel off the start line. One minute into the race I was so maxed out I was hyperventilating. . . . .I thought it was probably in my best interest to just "ler her go". Why can't I be in shape like that?!?

Rode one lap of single track maxed out, lots of silly little mistakes, a couple "oh my GOD I almost bit it" mistakes. . . . .lap 2 was "holy cow am I tired, what was I thinking? I should be in Citizen I have no CLUE how to ride this crap". . . . . .ending with lap 3 "Why couldn't I ride this stuff this good the FIRST two laps???".

My age competitor (Tammi) volunteered so I took 2nd in age. 3:55 behind Holly (ouch), but almost the same ahead of 3rd. 13th overall. . . . .a little lower than I was hoping for, but I guess my standards for myself are still a LITTLE too high at this point in the game. It hurt, but it was awesome. . . . . at least the 3rd lap was.

Bill's brother BOBBY!! came to visit. . . . . . .hung out on Sunday and harrassed our competitors (and the significant others of our competitors).

This guy won "games" Saturday night, and now he thinks he's "number one". . . . .he doesn't know we LET him win. . . . .


Then when I hit the hot tub this morning, "they' were there again. . . . . . .


Try and scoot them away and they just hang on. . . . . .

The last fun-filled camping event of the year. So sad. Now it's time to focus on Sheboygan and see what happens. Stick a cyclocross race in there. . . . .sweet. Before you know it, it will be time to "take a break".

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

You looked great out there on Sunday. Way to test your limits!