Monday, February 25, 2008

Weekend Recap

I don't know how I've suddenly become one of those people who are SOOOO busy they can't take time to update their blog. Perhaps it's because it's easier to immerse yourself in "STUFF" than it is to face the "despair" noted in my last blog entry.

Friday - Guitar hero. Totally hooked even though I totally suck. I do believe I'm the most musically inclined of the group, having played a number of musical instruments in my former years, yet I had it handed to me by everyone, even the "kid who never had music" (hhmmm, notice he's in EVERY picture). Yeah, that's gotta go to NC. That's all I have to say about that.





Saturday - Thanks to Tweak, our Taurus is almost back among the living. The boys spend the day at Plato's garage in Grafton, working. The girls spend the morning at the gym working OUT, then some foo foo time at Alterra, then Brittany went to work while Shooter took a nap.

Saturday night we went out to dinner and splurged (actually all weekend I splurged -uugh) and had a Pink Squirrel. Yummy!!

Sunday meant more work for Brittany, followed by a frantic rush to get things organized and food made for the General's belated birthday celebration. I fared much better at mini-golf than I did at Guitar Hero.



Yes, there is a picture of a tractor on his cake. And yes, they made us watch a stupid tractor show on TV last night. Whatever.

Again ate WAY too much, and spent another action packed Sunday with no time for a workout. I'm fully going to regret too many of those days come "nice riding weather".

Back to reality today. I'm not a big fan of reality any more. I'd prefer fantasy land. Thank goodness vacation is just around the corner.

4 comments:

jwm said...

Pardon my candor, but I find it disturbing how much time is spent on this "Guitar Hero" phenomena. Dare I say if 1/2 the time was spent learning to play a real guitar, the world might be a much better (sounding) place. I'm all for a little disorganized fun, for sure. "Guitar Hero" takes it a might too far.

Thank you, I'm done.

-jwm

Christine said...

We had a great time and I even learned a few things about tractors which might come in handy someday when I decide to plant a garden with nice neat rows.

Anonymous said...

Why does Ben Swart always look like someone is squeezing his sausage in all of the photo's ?

MTB Girl said...

If you know Ben, you don't even have to ask that. :-)