Saturday, February 16, 2008

Moving On

A whole week has passed without our German Shepherd. It's been a very strange week. On one hand it feels like yesterday we took that dreaded trip to the vet. . . . .on the other hand it feels like a lifetime ago since I last saw her.

I think after a week, Bill and I can finally bring ourselves to vacuum all her little hair balls up from around the house and wipe up all her messy foot prints from the pergo flooring. How gay is that? We couldn't even do those things this week. All week we've been reflecting on what a good dog she was, and of course reliving her little funny episodes. We can finally talk about her without crying. Geeze it's no wonder we don't have kids.

This past week has been one of the most live changing weeks I've had in a long time. I'm still a Realtor, but it feels like just about everything else changed. Maybe it just feels like that. I guess that happens when you lose someone/something close to you.

I've connected with people I haven't been close to in a while, I've structured my business a little differently venturing into more dealings with others, I've changed my workouts (or shall I say I've hardly worked out? That's changing them, isn't it?), I bought a bunch of new pants - changing my "style" a bit, I cut all my hair off, Bill and I even got new cell phones. I've spent more time with family, found out I'm going to be an aunt again, I set up a fitness blog to help a group of people who asked for my help, hhhhhhhmm, what else? We've researched puppies, decided what kind we want next, and we're working on taking the next step. The only thing holding us back from adding to our family TODAY, is we'll be in North Carolina the week before Easter and Bill and I seem to disagree whether it's a good idea to take a puppy along with us (ok, I understand his point, but don't have the patience to wait until we get BACK).

That's about it I guess. Having a "crisis" in your life forces you to evaluate what's important in your life, and what's not. I think it makes you look at things just a little differently. And I cannot even BEGIN to imagine going through a situation like this with another human being. My heart goes out to anyone who's had to do that.

Bring on the snow tomorrow. I'm ready. I'm just in the mood to get snowed in and goof around all day. . . . . at least ONE MORE TIME.

2 comments:

Dano said...

I second those remarks.

Anonymous said...

Wow - so true! Life's so short, sometimes we do have to slow down and enjoy things more.

Let us know more about your fitness blog - I'm sure many would like to read it!