Wednesday, July 01, 2009

Meltdown

I seem to be having a bit of a personal melt down today. I do believe I am in desperate need of a vacation.

While the real estate market isn't as bad as everyone says it is. . . .I'm behind on my closings for the year. I seem to be spending a lot of time with buyers and sellers and having not a lot happen. That happens some times, but it's frustrating when you're working like a dog and don't see a pay check. Commissioned sales isn't all it's cracked up to be at times.

On the bike front, I'm enjoying my new ride, but I am a bit frustrated with Trek. First of all, I am very thankful that I was given the frame I was given as a warranty. I understand it was a significant step up from what I had, and I'm thankful to have fallen into that gift. However, it isn't my fault they didn't have something to replace what broke. I guess this is the reason it took almost 6 weeks to GET a frame. . . . which really sucks. I'm told my case has caused them to take a good look at their warranty system in order to improve it going forward. I'm truly not one to be a big complainer, but this is a good thing for them. Six weeks to get a new bike is unacceptable in my book. . . no matter how great the upgrade is. Had I not had a friend who HAPPENED to have a bike my size collecting dust. . . I would have been sitting SIX WEEKS without a mountain bike. Hmmmm, that doesn't seem to be the best customer service if you ask me.

While my shop worked diligently at getting this issue rectified, when the new frame DID come, it did NOT come complete. Of course several more items needed to be ordered. . . .shipped. . . then assembled. And I'm STILL waiting for a front derailleur. I have a borrowed on one now, which "works", however it requires a couple shifts, some soft pedaling and some gentle shifting to get into the big ring. Not really what I want to be thinking about during a race.

I guess I should just be happy I have a bike, even if it has been a 6 week headache (which still hasn't come to a close).

On top of that, Thunder's blood tests did indeed come back high for her Lyme's disease. . . . .so now we're starting treatment on that. I gave her her first dose of antibiotics tonight. now I'm supposed to watch to see if they make her ill. Gosh I hope they don't. I don't really have the patience to be dealing with that crap right now. If she doesn't get sick I have to go to the PEOPLE pharmacy to get her actual prescription. Yeah, and you people with kids think us people with dogs have it easy? I'd venture to say no. Thunder is about as human as they come.

And those are just the issues I can talk about for the world to see. There are even more under the surface. Time to suppress and deny again. Seems to work for me at times. Keep so busy you forget there ARE issues. It's the human way.

Well, it's almost 5pm. I say that means it's time to have a drink. Heaven knows I sure need one today. Uuugh. Vacation can't get here SOON ENOUGH.

3 comments:

Chris said...

Man, must be something in the air. This week, and today in particular, was crap-tastic, wasn't it? Heck, it's gong on a month for us now. Take joy in the little things I guess, like chips and guac at Chipotle or Q'doba ...

holly said...

Hang in there! I feel like your blogs are coming straight from my head... Lori told me you will be at Levis Trow next weekend, I'll see you there!

Between my 2 pugs we have spent more than most have on cars. Nose jobs, tumors, allergic reactions, and weight issues. But still better than kids...

Ryan said...

We have some floor space available in Breck for you guys. It's a little slice of Heaven out here.