Wednesday, July 15, 2009

Feelin' kind of lost

I've been feeling kind of lost lately. I'm not sure why. I don't know if it's because I have a milestone birthday coming up and it's making me contemplate life? Or if it's because some of the relationships I rely most on in my life aren't what they used to be or what I feel I "need" them to be? Or if it's because I'm not where I thought I would be in life when I hit 40, but when I stop to think about that. . . .I'm not really sure where I thought I would be. Or if it's because I'm missing my dad, thinking about him every day, wishing I had more time to say the things that are in my heart.

Maybe it's a combination of all of these things. Whatever it is, I don't like it. I'm not a weak, lost, person. . . . .but yet lately this is who I am.

Maybe I just need some more recovery. Yeah, that's it. Rest and recovery. Ahhhh. Mental well-being here I come.

Hopefully.

2 comments:

claire said...

It might be all the personal growth you're managing? Icky, icky personal growth. Nothing is as good for you and so unpalatable. Except bran muffins.

I feel you on this one.

Ryan said...

Maybe you need a Birthday Party! You're number 1, Brittany. 2 sleeps to Kewaskum.