Wednesday, April 30, 2008

Yeah, I suck

I know. I haven't updated in a coon's age (what exactly IS a coon's age). I haven't been the most positive lately and I felt I may be best off not bringing that into the blogsphere. BUT, I'm doing better today.

Work has been crazy, seriously. Don't believe all this crap you hear about the housing market being in the toilet, homes not selling, EVERYBODY and their brother being foreclosed on, yeah, it's just not that bad of a picture. The media has a way of making EVERYTHING all doom and gloom.

This past weekend I was a "single parent". It was tough, but I made it through. Saturday the weather was less than perfect so I opted for a trainer ride. Yes, a trainer ride. Sometimes I really don't mind the trainer. I get to watch a movie, I get to keep an eye on my puppy and she gets to explore the basement instead of being stuffed in her crate for an additional 2 hours. So the ride was good. Then Squirt came over and we took Thunder out for a little hike to release some of her energy. Seriously, she's SOOO much better if she gets her hikes. If she gets no exercise (like the past 3 days), she's a little terror.

Sunday I took her to puppy class by myself. . . . . . .and her sister was there. It was a riot to see the two of them together. They didn't care about any other puppies, they only wanted to play with each other. It was the cutest thing.

After that I headed down to Muir for another mtb ride with my peeps. Thank GOODNESS it was better than the week before. CK was nice enough to swap out my tires so I had some new treads on there. Holy cow did that make a difference. I no longer had to try and corner like a citizen rider. Sweet. Another ride out to Emma and back. I was working a cold out of the body so I wasn't feeling the best. . . . .but it was a good ride none-the-less.

After that, the cold seemed to really want to get a hold of me. Sunday night had me sleeping like CRAP and feeling like I was going to puke. Thankfully that passed and Monday I hit the pillow at 8pm. Slept MUCH better. Yesterday I was wiped, but not feeling too crappy. Today just some sinus pressure, but ok. After taking Thunder for an hour hike, I'm a little tired. . . . . but I think I'll still have enough energy to hit the dirt on my own for a bit this afternoon.

I was nervous cuz the yaking flu is going around. That's one thing I do NOT do well at. I'd rather have my head feel like it's going to explode than to yak for 24 hours. Seriously. I'll just keep the fingers crossed that doesn't come my way.

So that's my update. Boring as usual. First WORS race this weekend, a camper to pack, groceries to buy, puppy stuff to organize, bikes to get ready. . . . . .and work, work, work to do. Yeah, it will be a "fun" next couple days. Can't wait to kick back Friday night at Iola pines with a cocktail.

4 comments:

Unknown said...

yeah. yer right. this post sucks. you shoulda waited. kidding. i love new posts. they can't all be exciting.

Christine said...

Nice to hear your still care about us readers:) I think since you became a mom you have no time for us:)

MTB Girl said...

Yeah being a mom is really hard. It kinda sucks sometimes.

Sarah Lukas said...

I can't wait to hear about the first wors race! I expect an excellent recap with excellent photos young lady!