Sunday, April 20, 2008

Amazing weather

So they thought it would be cooler and rain for most of the weekend. Once again, they were wrong. Thankfully this time they were wrong in OUR favor.

Friday allowed me some time to take Thunder down to Blue again and hike the trails some more. She really enjoys getting out and getting exercise. It makes her a MUCH better puppy. Guess that's what Cesar says. . . . most "naughty" dogs simply don't get enough exercise.

Friday night we introduced Thunder to her first camping experience. We thought it would be a good idea to do a test run before we subject her to a weekend away on race weekend. As we thought, she settled in just fine, playing with her toys, enjoying being around people. She whimpered a little around 5am when Bill got up to head to the bathroom, but he pottied her and she was back asleep until about 6:40. Sweet.

Saturday Bill and I waffled back and forth trying to decide what to do for a ride when my phone rang. Some new peeps from our team were planning on heading down to Blue and wanted to know how the trail conditions were. That sealed it for me. Bill took off on the road bike, I headed down to Blue to ride with them. I'm too out of shape to ride any intensity for too long, so I managed a 85 minute ride with some efforts before I headed back home to relax.

Sunday we debated back and forth if we should head down to try and race Rock Cut, or hit the trails at Muir. Muir won. Tons of peeps there. . . . . .I rode alone, questioned my existence, wondered why the HELL I decided to move up, why I didn't train more or at LEAST do what I did last year. . . . .I face planted once, in the pines mind you. . . .on the FLAT STUFF. What an idiot. I didn't see the tree stump and hit it head on. My bike stopped abruptly, I kept going. I forgot how much I dislike flying over the handle bars.

While the weather was absolutely beautiful, my ride left something to be desired. Probably FITNESS. I've decided it's MUCH more fun to ride when you have fitness. Without it, it's a HELL of a lot of work. Today, I just wanted to be done. 2:30, a few scrapes, a couple bruises, and hopefully one step closer to not making a fool of myself this season. Oh well. It's too late to cry now. Instead, I'll just try to have some fun. I THINK I still remember how to do that.

3 comments:

Christine said...

I know that stump you talking about, tee hee hee. It was great to see and I wish I had know yu were coming out to ride. Hang in there, it's a loooooooooong season.

Regina said...

I'll be falling all over the place when I get on my mtb too. Since I haven't been off road since november.

bmxmtbfam said...

i had the same talk with myself sunday at rockhut pulling the bike through the mud