Saturday, December 15, 2007

Today

Today I totally feel like THIS GUY. I knew this "happy, chipper Christmas spirit" would come to an end at some point. I guess today (yesterday) was the day.

My rein as our "substitute administrative assistant" at work has come to an end. Our full-time expert is back, and she's cleaning up the mess I've left. I'm finally free to be myself again, to get my baking done, to finish my Christmas shopping, to get my house clean, to spend time with the people who mean the most to me. . . . . .and while that should have me feeling liberated and happy, instead it has me depressed.

I can't seem to do anything right these past few days. . . . several people are upset with me for one reason nor another, one of them being the guy who lives with me. I don't know what I did. . . . . .I don't know why people don't like me anymore. . . . .I don't know why I just want to curl into a little ball on the couch and cry. Maybe it's just the stress of Christmas finally catching up with me because I actually had time to stop and think. Maybe it's because I haven't been on my bike since 2 weeks ago when the snow storm hit.

Whatever it is. . . . .I hate it. I just need a big, warm hug, and instead I just get people telling me what I'm doing wrong, at work, at home, my family, my friends. . . . . . .even my DOGS are looking at me like I'm just not the person they want me to be.

Sometimes I really hate being a "feeling" type of person.

6 comments:

velogrrl said...

I hope things get better soon AND you get your big hug!

A good workout, on or off the bike, always seems to help when I am feeling like that.

Coffee King (CK) said...

Things will come around. I think this funk is just temporary. Keep trying to be your best (whatever that is each day) and others will respond (my opinion).

Anonymous said...

Hang in there, we all have these days, trust me! Remember, the Big Guy upstairs will never give you more than you can handle, I truly believe that!!

Christine said...

Sending a big hug your way:)

Anonymous said...

I think you should get outside and play!!

This time of year - and especially this year with the wonderful fluffy snow - you need to make time to play.

Go sledding, go xc skiing (best snow they've had in over 13 years at Greenbush!), make snow angels or take your dogs for a walk in the woods. Whether you do it with a friend, or by yourself, it will make you feel better.

Anonymous said...

Please, back away from the ledge!!! I took Angela's advice went for a walk, run by myself in the snow and woods with my dogs...I only fell thru the ice on the river twice! Good thing I wore the snorkel...life is good!