Wednesday, December 05, 2007

Stuck in a rut

Yeah I know, I don't update anymore. You might as well move me down on your "favorites" since I don't have anything interesting to share lately.

It's only December 5th and I'm already feeling the Christmas stress. Half un-packed decorations, half done Christmas shopping, drifts of snow across my yard, driveway and front sidewalk, Christmas cards to think about, addresses to find, business gifts to purchase, holiday calendars to mail out, December birthdays to remember. . . . . . .

And then there's the "non-Christmas" stress. A sick dog that pukes on one rug, walks in it and tracks it down the hallway rug and all over the floor. Piles of work accumulating at the office while I'm filling in for someone else. Running my full-time business and helping someone who often helps me so THEY can take a vacation. Not really knowing what I'm doing while I'm "helping" that person and fudging my way through it. Forgetting to turn the power back on at my new piece of crap foreclosure property and then having to drive over in a snow storm to do so, JUST to make sure the pipes don't freeze. Losing touch with friends because I'm "too busy". Skipping my workouts because really, who cares?

I know there's lots of good things to be thankful for. . . . . .and I am thankful despite the fact I just listed a bunch of "negatives". Sometimes you just have to be in touch with what you're feeling and let it be. I know I'm not the only one who feels these things. . . . . ..everyone has "bad" or "down" days. Sometimes it's just good to remind others that even the "positive, upbeat" people who always pick everyone ELSE up, have tough times as well.

My next entry will be more "positive" I promise. I know people don't like me to be "negative". BUT, I am what I am.

9 comments:

Mountaingoat said...

If you get stuck in it just ride the rut, you'll always pop out of it at the bottom.

julie said...

just remember- we ALL feel that way this time of year. for me, it's the lack of sunlight hours. just makes everything worse. Keep in mind that working out actually reduces stress- find 30 min to hop on the trainer and watch cartoons, it'll take your mind off things!

Dano said...

Word.
I totally think this time of year is very hard and stressful.

I am always the last person to get in the holiday spirit. It happens about Dec 23rd.

Christine said...

I just drink more:)

Anonymous said...

These be the days when you must force yourself to do a little bit of some type of workout, that's what I try to tell myself, I think!

Sucks when it is dark before the drive at 5, think Spring? You are not alone my friend :)

Anonymous said...

What is this "positive" thing you speak of?

Regina said...

I'm so with you...I've been cranky for two weeks now. Being in a crappy mood is good for the body, we spend so much time in great moods during the riding season we need to balance out with some bad times. (my lame attempt at an excuse for being pissy...gotta love it)

DIHAF? said...

It is that time of year.

But look on the bright side, you could live in Illinois.

Consider that and things are looking up already.

MTB Girl said...

This blog has good friends. Thanks! I'm feeling better already!