Sunday, May 24, 2009

DONE

With the 12 hours of Northern Kettles finally behind us, I hope to begin to return to a "Normal" life somewhat soon. The weekend, while fun, was LONG. Bill and I began our "long ours" Thursday as we made the trek up to Greenbush to drop the first load off at the camp ground. Most people don't see all the behind the scenes work. . .although many realize what it takes to put an event like this on and I've been personally thanked by a number of people. The truth is it wouldn't be a successful event without all the volunteer help from our wonderful team members (and friends and family of our team members), nor would it be a success without all the awesome participants that came to race!

Despite the fact we DID indeed see a short burst of showers (maybe an hour, two tops), the trail held up well. In fact, despite one or two quite slippery laps, the course actually improved over it's original state by the end of the race. Loop 3 is already quite a bit smoother than it was Friday. The loose corners tightened up and the trail is ready to rock and roll once again.

Thanks to everyone for joining us for the 12 hours of Northern Kettles. I made an attempt (with my new camera) to catch some action shots of our racers throughout the day. While I'm still learning, so some are blurry (sorry), I hope to be able to continue to post BETTER pictures as I learn more. Of course I'm trying to post theses pictures to Flickr when I'm about to fall asleep, and of course I've exceeded the file limit. . . .so I guess I'll upgrade my account tomorrow. Stay tuned for some good, and not so good pictures.

1 comment:

Chris said...

Brittany, thanks -- you guys did a great job out there. It's funny -- I was saying to myself that the course needed some rain, only I guess I just didn't want it to happen while I was there! I'm a wuss ... Thanks again, another great race!