Tuesday, May 12, 2009

Biggest Loser

Honestly? I do not think Helen looks healthy. It's awesome to see such dedication (even though the woman sent her own child home so SHE could stay for her OWN benefit), but I have doubts she'll remain nearly as thin as she is. I've been there. Unless you're chronically thing. . . . . never having had to deal with weight issues, you just don't stay looking like Helen unless you starve yourself and work out like crazy.

Now my OWN dedication on the other hand. . . . .it's focused in an area definitely different than cycling. With our team 12 hour just around the corner, my dad's house still not completely cleaned out, and more real estate business than I've had for a while. . . . .there just doesn't seem to be enough time in the day to get in the amount of training it will take me to "shine" this season.

And I guess having undergone the life's events I've gone through recently, I can honestly say it doesn't matter. I'll ride my bike when I can and hope for the best. Mountain biking is awesome, but some things in life are just more important.

See you at Iola. I'll be the one gasping for breath out there. But I'll be there giving it my all, because I know that's what my dad would have expected from me, what he would have wanted me to be doing.

5 comments:

College said...

Mike should have won. As much as we like biking is it not the end all for us. Family is important to everyone and should come first. It is possible to have sucking air be motivating if you are riding for two people. See you at Iola.

bmxmtbfam said...

Tara has a few screws loose, did she run off stage and beat someone. Your right the old lady had no class. I was happy to see the brown team, asswhipe ron and r tard mike go home with nothing.

When you pass me sunday I will comletely understand.

Unknown said...

I'll be there gasping with you.
It'll be fun.
I'm glad you have that attitude, it is really just about having fun.

Christine said...

Helen got obsessed. Did you hear her, she was working out lifting semi tires hours before the finally. Tara should of won, she was the strongest. My 2 cents.

See you this weekend at Iola :-)

Regina said...

gasping for breath is my plan too!! See you this weekend.