Thursday, May 28, 2009

Death

Death leaves a mess. I'll tell you that much. Over a month and a half later and we're still sorting through my dad's estate, trying to figure out what's what, who's owed what, what's left, etc. A couple weeks ago we were surprised to find out the life insurance policy he had taken out on his vehicle expired upon the last day of the month in which his 70th birthday occurred. He turned 70 March 26th, died April 14th. No life insurance on the car. . . no inheritance. . . instead we now have a $15,000 car loan to pay off (or surrender the car).

The house is listed,

Follow this link to see the page:

http://public.mlswis.com/link.html?ordk9c8xbba,,1

(This link will no longer be available after 6/27/2009.)

So if you know of anyone looking to score a home in Hartford WAY below assessed value to "flip", let me know. It will be a short sale. . . . hopefully the bank will be able to work with us.

My house is still FULL of his things, there is no organization nor time to organize (or so it seems). Now that the 12 hour race is over. . . perhaps I can find some balance to start getting things back in order and put myself fully into my real estate again. That and I'd sure love to find the time to start training again. . . . .if this stupid COLD would ever go away, and the weather would cooperate. One day at a time I guess. What else is a person to do?

No comments: