Monday, March 23, 2009

Yes, it's true

Yes, it's true. My road bike flew off the bike carrier on the way to North Carolina. We were rounding the corner on an off ramp, I heard a noise and Bill said "oh shit, we just lost a bike". Sure enough, it was mine. I don't know how the semi behind us didn't run over it. I think we were lucky that it was on a corner because it flew to the outside of the turn, just where cars couldn't get it. Looks like it just needs some new bar tape (which Bill JUST replaced) and a couple other things got scuffed (seat got ripped, but I think it will be ok).

Beyond that I somehow managed to get the dog wrapped into the gas pump at the gas station - while the gas was pumping, which caused the pump to fly out of the tank and pump gas all over the ground, after catching me, the dog and the side of the truck. The rest of the ride in a gas smelling truck was a good time. Ooops.

But now that we're a couple days into the trip, the "bad" luck is gone. All is going well. No pictures for you. . . .I'm too lazy. It's past my bed time and I'm TIRED. Maybe tomorrow.

3 comments:

Christine said...

Too funny, Have FUN!!!!!!!!!

Chris said...

Ouch! Make sure your fork dropouts are in good shape -- I dumped a friend's TT bike off the rack once upon a time and snapped his front dropouts clean off!

bmxmtbfam said...

Just run up to the pink beds at davidson river and point the bike down and see if you get high speed shimmy. That had to be nerve wracking walking up to it.