Friday, March 27, 2009

Wow

Yesterday we went to DuPont State Forest. We had been there a few years ago and never found the "GOOD" trails. We found them yesterday. I think that was the most fun I've had on my mountain bike in a LONG time. Wow.



It was a little rainy, and when we got to the top of the slick rock it was very foggy. Probably cuz we were IN the clouds. It was pretty sweet.



Today we went to Trace Ridge. The plan was to do a 3 hour ride, even though it was raining. Well, let's just say April and I did a 3 hour ride. . . . .the rest thought we were dead I guess. They were just about to call Smoky the Bear to come find us. I thought we were dead for sure. We found the trails I recognized, but then also found a bunch of others. I think we were lost for a good hour. It was a little scary. It was the MOST scary when I couldn't feel my feet because it was so flippin' cold. That one took it out of me. I guess it's a good thing it was the last one. Stick a fork in me, I'm DONE.

Time to pack and think about departing tomorrow. I'd rather just take a nap. Uuugh. I hate being out of shape.

1 comment:

College said...

Sounds better than rides in 30 degree temps with 30mph winds. Snow is in the forecast too. Maybe the first race will be snowed out. Safe trip back.