Sunday, March 08, 2009

I'm so confused

Ice and snow, freezing rain, more snow, 60 degree day, more snow, more icy rain, warmer temps, snow melting, freezing rain, warm temps, lots of fog, ride outside, cold weather again, snow on deck. What the heck? Wisconsin sure has variety, doesn't it? Although I'd prefer variety of the WARMER type.

Got outside for a ride on Friday, even though Thursday was the nicer day. I learned a little lesson. . . . .when riding outside for the first time in MONTHS, it's probably best to ride by one's self. Especially if you're one of those people without a lot of higher end fitness. Hills are probably better to LIMIT on the first ride out. . . . .at least if you don't want to bury yourself.

The ride was fun, but 2 days later I'm still working the knot out of my shoulder and hoping TODAY I'll be able to ride again. That didn't feel like a ride, it felt like a race. A 2 hour race. And apparently I'm not quite ready to race yet.

I anticipate a lot of rides alone this Spring. . . . . .at least until I get that higher end back again.

3 comments:

Dano said...

Alone or in a group.
Its all good!

Mad Trix said...

Riding solo alot actually helps me because I tend to ride a little harder than I should. Then when I go on groups It feels good to draft.
Just have fun, we have a long season!

Unknown said...

Dude, I wish we lived near each other.