Monday, December 01, 2008

Thursday I frantically worked to get the house ready for our Thanksgiving feast. I decided to try a new recipe to take by Bill's family (we were supposed to bring a dessert). My cake turned out ok, but when I went to prepare the frosting, I realized I did not purchase enough of the heavy whipping cream that I needed. After wasting about 45 minutes trying to figure out how to create my own, I hopped in the car to head back to the store. Yeah, I should have done that in the first place. It was all worth it though. The side by side comparison turned out ok.


I don't like chocolate cake, but I'm told it was pretty good.

Somehow I even found enough time to get the table set all pretty.


Then we had to dart out of the house to get to Bill's family's celebration, where we spent the first half of the day. Stuff our faces, rush home, finish the last minute prep for my family, put on a second Thanksgiving feast, stuff our faces again, clean up that mess, have a baby. . . . . .


Catch our breath, go to bed and get ready for another crazy weekend.

Friday Bill had to work ALL day, he didn't even get home until after 8:30. While I spent the morning working myself, I took a bit of time to get the T-Dog for a little hike in the afternoon. She LOVES snow. I think she's really a sled dog.

Friday night we decided to finally try a bowling outing. We always talk about doing that, never actually do it. . .this time we did it. It was actually fun. Of course my team sucked (sorry guys, but it's true). Bill's team had a nice close competition for points. Not bad for someone who never bowls. I did crack 100 by the way. . . every game. And yes, I even have my own bowling ball AND shoes!




Saturday was the Spin Party. About a dozen people were there. It was a lot of fun. I got a little over 3 hours in the saddle. For some strange reason I felt like I could have ridden all day.





Sunday morning we watched some Christmas movies, headed out for Brunch with the family, finished the exterior illumination project and then hit the West Bend Christmas parade where we were part of the First Weber float.

Yeah, I don't really understand the dinosaur either. . . . but it was cute.

Come home Sunday night, catch some down time and wake up to a HECK of a lot of snow, a lot of stuff to do, and not a lot of energy. Mondays are tough. Really tough.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I saw that dinosaur thing in the parking lot of the First Weber office on Saturday when I dropped off some stuff at Goodwill, and was wondering what it was. I haven't seen one of those since I was a kid (before that big meteor hit the planet).